Re: If things are so bad why. . .

Jack Burgess

Tim wondered:

I watched a Netflix documentary today on 3-D printing, and I wondered -- Who
will produce the first 3-D copier? I mean, you just put the car (or 1:1
part) into the copier and out pops a perfect scale copy! :-) It's a whole
new world.

It is already being done Tim. A friend has a 3D scanner which will output
code to drive a CNC machine. Newer scanners will output a file which can be
3D printed. I doubt that the resolution is what we need but all of this
technology is changing fast. How about figures on your layout which
replicate yourself and friends:

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2836838/worlds-first-3d-full-body-scann
ing-booth-to-create-custom-you-figurines.html

Jack Burgess