Re: Red Caboose is not "No More"

Tony Thompson

Rich Orr wrote:

This is not entirely correct.  I spoke with IM last Friday to place an order and asked what was going on with RC as I have a client who wants a number of undec RC kits.  I was told 1) all the N-scale stock and dies have been sold to Fox Valley, and 2) parts and undec kits are no longer available from RC.  They are for all intents and purposes closed though the HO line is still for sale.  I did express a concern for the loss of the cars and asked if IM was going to acquire the HO line and was told no decision has been made on that matter.

Part of the HO line is already gone. Dies for the RC Class F-70-7 SP flat cars were acquired by the SP Historical & Technical Society.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history