2015 ST. LOUIS RAILROAD PROTOTYPE MODELER'S MEET - 8-9 AUG 2015

golden1014

2015 ST. LOUIS RAILROAD PROTOTYPE MODELER'S MEET

Meet us in St. Louis for the NINTH ANNUAL St. Louis RPM Meet on Friday, August 7th and Saturday, August 8th, 2015 at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville, Illinois.  Collinsville is 12 miles east of metro St. Louis on I-55/70.  The meet starts at 9 AM both days.

We are expanding again - now over 16,000 sq.ft. of high-quality models, modular layouts, displays, and hands-on workstations in the modern, professional Gateway Convention Center. Clinics and presentations by nationally-recognized historians and modelers.  Railroad Historical Societies and scale model vendors and manufacturers will also be in attendance.  Attendee model displays.  Evening home layout tours, fellowship, door prizes and much, much more!

A hard copy of our latest flyer can be downloaded as a PDF here <http://home.mindspring.com/~icg/rpm/stlrpm.pdf> .

The heart of our event is YOUR MODELS!  Bring your models, finished or in progress, for display and discussion.  All scales, gauges, and models from all eras are welcome; bring locomotives, structures, freight cars, dioramas, vehicles or other models. There are no contests. The purpose of our event is to share and learn new techniques, and meet your fellow modelers from St. Louis and around the Nation. We had over 1,400 models brought by attendees in 2014!  This year we have have even more room for models--48 tables--so if you bring it, we've got room for it!

New for 2015: Come see the fabulous Modutrak N Scale 65 x 15-foot layout--one of the best modular layouts you will see anywhere, in any scale, representing the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin.  Mike Skibbe will provide a clinic on the layout--see below for more info.

Also in 2015: Clark Propst's mini-layout depicting the Allied Mills plant in Mason City, Iowa layout will be back, so if you missed your chance to operate the layout, you'll have another chance this year.  Come meet Clark--a popular RMC and Mode Railroad Planning author--and his crew from Mason City, Iowa.

BRING YOUR MODELS FOR DISPLAY!

Hours: 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M both days. Admission: $25.00 Friday & Saturday, $20.00 Saturday only. Kids under 13 free with paid adult admission. Vendor set-up at 7:15 AM Fri. Sales end at 5:00 P.M. Saturday. St. Louis RPM is a not-for-profit event!

CLINICS
St. Louis RPM features nationally-recognized modelers and historians presenting all-new clinics in a relaxed atmosphere.  Presentations begin at 9:00 a.m. both days.

1. Jared Harper - Operating the Santa Fe Alma Branch Layout, c. May 24th, 1941, as seen in Model Railroad Planning, 2000

2. Dave Roeder, MMR - St. Louis’s Master Model Railroad will present how to modify and detail diesel "critters" in HO and HOn3.

3. David Lehlbach - CEO of Tangent Scale Models https://www.tangentscalemodels.com/ will present a to-be-announced freight car topic.  Perhaps something for a new car?

4. Clark Propst - The popular author and M&StL modeler presents "Small Layout Planning", and also will bring back his popular Allied Mills Mini-Layout, which you can operate at the meet.

5. Charlie Duckworth - A career railroader and lifetime modeler, Charlie will present "Update on the Bagnell Branch", showing scenery and operations updates on his popular Missouri Pacific layout.

6. Steve Funaro - Owner of Funaro & Camerlengo resin models, Steve will describe an all-new freight car project for St. Louis RPM guests.

7. Mike Skibbe - Mike presents "Better Modeling Through Peer Pressure!"  A discussion of the design standards for the Modutrak N scale modular layout, and how to avoid a C-L-U-B atmosphere when a like-minded group gets together to build a prototype layout.

8.  Mike Wise - St. Louis in Transition, featuring scenes from the St. Louis area between 1962 and 1982.  This is an extension of Joe Collias's steam era presentation a few years ago and is not to be missed!

We have a few clinic slots left.  If you'd like a shot at the title, please contact us and let us know!

HANDS-ON LEARNING STATIONS
In addition to clinics, St. Louis RPM features nationally-recognized modelers demonstrating a wide variety of modeling techniques in the main ballroom.  These are free for attendees--just pull up a chair and get involved!

1.  Weathering: Dr. Jeremy St. Peter and his crew from The Weathering Shop will crash St. Louis again, demonstrating their amazing weathering techniques as seen on their website at http://theweatheringshop.com/.   Bring your models or buy models at the meet to weather and finish with the pros!

2. Weathering: Rolling Stock: Dave Schroedle of Protoweathering.com will offer hands-on weathering clinics all day, both days!  Bring your own models or buy them at the meet to learn new finishing skills using chalks and weathering powders.

3. Scratchbuilding and Weathering: David Ward of ProtoLoads is back, and will demonstrate modeling open loads and steel weathering at his tables.  See more of David’s amazing work, plus models for sale, at http://www.protoloads.com/

4. Scenery: Jason Klocke will conduct hands-on static grass clinics during the meet.  Come meet Jason--an Iowa-based CN engineer, and scenery author from Model Railroad Planning 2014--and learn his cutting-edge techniques for laying down and detailing static grass.

5. Airbrushing: Sergeant Lee will be here with The Badger Airbrush Co., showing and demonstrating Badger's latest line of airbrushes for you to try, hands-on.  Yep, we're airbrushing indoors, people.  Sales too!

6. DCC Programming: Brian Post from the Gateway Division will be on hand with Decoder Pro for simple programming of your DCC-equipped engines.  He can do all brands--including LokSound.

BRING YOUR MODELS FOR DISPLAY!

VENDORS
Our usual outstanding Scale Train Show will be back, featuring up to 100 tables of hand-picked vendors, including Resin Car Works, Bob’s Photos, Tangent Scale Models, Cannon, Iowa Scaled Engineering, Moloco, Plano, Yarmouth Model Works, Rails Unlimited, Funaro & Camerlengo, Railshop Ltd., ICG Custom Decals, Big Four Graphics, American Model Builders, Badger Airbrush, Protocraft, Q Connection, Mike Gruber Photos, Moon Dog Railcars, Lake Junction Models,  Joe Collias Photos, Norris Hobbies, Spring Creek Model Trains, ProtoLoads, Mask Island Decals, OST Publications, Weathering Solutions, Motrak Models, Coffman Engineering, Layout IoE, and more coming every day.  If you’d like to be a vendor, please contact us today!

RAILROAD HISTORICAL SOCIETIES
St. Louis RPM features one of the largest annual gatherings of railroad historical societies in the U.S.  The CB&Q, ICRHS, Pennsylvania RR, New York Central System, Wabash, Missouri Pacific, C&EI, Nickel Plate, Illinois Terminal, Terminal RR Association, C&NW HS, and more will be on hand to aid your modeling and research efforts.

LAYOUT TOURS
Three home layout tours in beautiful St. Charles, Missouri are scheduled for Friday evening 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Layout tours are for registered attendees only. More details will be available soon.  Maps and directions will be available at the meet on Friday.

PHOTOS FROM PAST ST. LOUIS RPM MEETS
2013 Meet photos can be found at here <http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2013_st_louis_rpm_meet&page=all>

...2012 can be found at here <http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2012_st_louis_rpm_meet&page=all>
...2011 can be found at here <http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2011_st_louis_rpm_meet>
...2008 can be found at here <http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2008_st_louis_rpm_meet>
...2006 can be found at here <http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2006_st_louis_rpm_meet>
...2005 can be found at here <http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2005_st_louis_rpm_meet>
...2004 can be found at here <http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2004_stlouis_rpm_meet>

and check out the St. Louis RPM 2012 video produced by Ken Patterson for Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oins4ipx68E

ST. LOUIS AREA ATTRACTIONS
While you're in St. Louis, check out the National Museum of Transportation (http://www.transportmuseumassociation.org/exhibits.html), the John W. Barriger National Railroad Library at the campus of the University of Missouri (http://www.umsl.edu/barriger/), St. Louis Union Station, and some of the best railfanning in the world. More area attractions can be found at http://www.stlouisattractions.com/

SEE YOU AT ST. LOUIS RPM!

ACCOMODATIONS
We're working deals with local hotels.  Stay tuned for more details.
Four hotels right next to the Gateway Center are the Doubletree, Fairfield Inn, Super 8 and Extended Stay America:
Doubletree (618) 345-2800
Fairfield Inn (618) 346-0607
Super 8 (618) 345-8008
Extended Stay Suites (618) 345-0800

Within a 1/8-mile of the Gateway Center are five additional hotels:
Comfort Inn (618) 346-4900
Days Inn (618) 345-2000
Drury Inn (618) 345-7700
Hampton Inn (618) 346-4400
Motel 6 (618) 345-9500

Four-star hotels in the area, approximately 6-7 miles and convenient to shopping, are:
Sheraton Four Points, Fairview Heights, IL (618) 622-9500
Hilton Garden Inn, O’Fallon, IL (618) 624-4499
Drury Inn & Suites O'Fallon  (618) 624-2211 ‎

Printable hotel information can be found here <http://home.mindspring.com/~icg/rpm/STLRPMHotel.pdf> .
More hotel information in metro St. Louis can be found at http://www.hotels.com/de1426966/hotels-st-louis-missouri/

DIRECTIONS TO THE GATEWAY CENTER
Address: Gateway Convention Center - One Gateway Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234.  The Gateway Center Website is available at http://www.gatewaycenter.com for additional information and directions. Call 1-800-289-2388
- Traveling North on I-55/70: Take Collinsville Exit 11. At traffic light, turn left onto Highway 157/Bluff Road to Eastport Plaza Drive, turn Left. Continue to Gateway Drive, turn right. Gateway Center is located on your left.
- Traveling East on I-40 or 44: Take Interstate 55/70 North, to Collinsville Exit 11. At traffic light, turn left onto Highway 157/Bluff Road to Eastport Plaza Drive, turn Left. Continue to Gateway Drive, turn right. Gateway Center is located on your left.
- Traveling East or West on I-64: Take Exit 9 and then drive North on Hwy 157, approximately 7 miles, to Eastport Plaza Drive which is located off Hwy. 157. Turn left on Eastport Plaza Drive, then right on Gateway Drive. Gateway Center is located on left. and then left onto Gateway Drive. Gateway Center is located on right.

SEE YOU AT ST. LOUIS RPM!

BRING YOUR MODELS FOR DISPLAY!

Contact John Golden at Golden1014@... (812) 929-7181 , Lonnie Bathurst at bathurst@... (217) 556-0314 , or Loren Casey at Ljcasey@... (618) 578-1589 for meet info.

If you can't attend St. Louis this year, try to make another RPM meet near you.  Other venues include:
Bay Area Prototype Modelers http://www.bayareaprototypemodelers.net <http://www.bayareaprototypemodelers.net/>
Central Ohio Prototype Modelers Meet https://www.facebook.com/groups/438383252883060/
Mid-Atlantic Prototype Modelers https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARPM/
Mid Continent Prototype Modelers Mid Continent Prototype Modelers <http://www.midcontinentprototypemodelers.org/>