Re: Bananas to the Indianapolis/ Minnesota

Charlie Vlk

This topic came up previously and I referenced that the CB&Q apparently had enough Banna Traffic in the Twin Cities to warrant building a sizeable distribution warehouse primarily for that traffic.

I have no idea how they got the cars; presumably from the IC (at East Dubuque?).    Even though the IC may have preferred to set the routing the Traffic Managers of the Banana Companies likely made the determination.

Charlie Vlk

Hmmm, not sure why the IC would short-haul itself by handing off to MILW at Dubuque.  The IC had good service to the Twin Cities by handing off to the M&StL at Albert Lea (also with plenty of SB meat reefers).

Dan Sweeney, Jr.

Alexandria, VA