Re: Sunshine Kit #87.16 Union Starch Paint & Decaling Instructions

Steve and Barb Hile

Hi Bill,

I don’t have this kit, but I do have a copy of the TRRA Historical Society publication that has a 35 page article on Union Starch including a bunch of photos in black and white and color as well as a stylized color paint diagram.  The cover shows a color shot of GATX 22364, an 8000 gallon car with three longitudinal riveted sections to the tank.

The issue is still available from the society for, essentially, the cost of the Sunshine kit, $35 plus $4 S&H.  But it is a nice issue, worth having.  You can see the cover on the web page.

http://trra-hts.railfan.net/bkissues.html

Yes the company name has black shadows to the lower left side of the lettering.  All of the color photos seem to show the dome tops are also red, like the sides of the dome and upper portion of the tank.

Regards,

Steve Hile