Re: Re-roofing to a SOO Line Prototype

Greg Martin

Clark,

Somewhere in this den of mine I have a folio that Jim Singer gave me of a SOO Line car that had the roofs of the cars replaced with a Murphy Diagonal Panel roof. It is a SHAKE N TAKE candidate.  So before you discard it I would do just a bit more research, contact Jim Singer.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 4/8/2015 11:25:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:
I bought a Red Caboose X29 commissioned by the PMHS The car is lettered for a PM’s 82000 series. The amended instructions say to use a Hutchins roof. I picked up an Accurail car and removed the roof. Now for my questions.

Do I discard the remaining Accurail parts or is there a different roof I could add to that car? My model has wood doors and steel 7/8 Murphy ends.

Could this be considered a USRA SS clone?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa