Re: Yarmouth stirrup steps

Ed Mims

To be purely prototypical, freight cars have sill steps, not stirrup steps. This is like the recent discussion about running boards and roof walks.

Ed Mims
Jacksonville, FL

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:45 AM, "Pierre Oliver pierre.oliver@... [STMFC]" wrote:

In a few weeks I will sit down with my buddy, Trevor Marshall, and crank out a couple of videos demonstrating how I work with some of my products.
Thanks to all for the inputs.
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 4/14/2015 6:26 PM, Bob Miller cajonpass02@... [STMFC] wrote:

I think the appropriate method may vary with the complexity of the task. E.G. photos might be adequate to explain how to drill ladder rails, while folding & twisting sill steps into shape might be better done with a short video. In any case, any tips you can illustrate, regardless of the medium use, would be most welcome.

Robert J. Miller CFA
Saginaw, MI

Tell the truth, work hard, and come to dinner on time.
Gerald R. Ford