NYC 28000 Series Stock Car.

North Model Railroad Supplies <nmrs@...>

I may have been a bit quick with my questions.

Further down the PDF on P16 is a lettering diagram.

Q1) I still need to know the style of running board (apologies for calling it a roof walk previously)

Q2) Stenciling above LH stirrup is the Builders Trade Plate

It looks like it says –

Rebuilt by

D.S. NYC

East XXXXXXX

Does this make sense?

If so, does anyone know where the Dispatch Shops were located?

Q3) Stenciling above RH truck is Journal Box Packing

But I still have no idea what the three lines say.

Q4) 757-8 is the Lot Number, so I assume it doesn’t change for this series of cars.

Q5) Unfortunately, the stencil diagram doesn’t have an end view of the stockcar – just the hopper and gon.

So I still need help here.

Cheers

Dave North