Re: MythBusters: Athearn "Standard" Baggage Car

destorzek@...

---In STMFC@..., <b.hom@...> wrote :

Thanks!  The $64,000 question is "did anyone actually build cars to this design", or is it another Gould tank car?

Just found a pix of one on e-bay, and I guess I was wrong about the sides not being mirrored; both wide doors ARE on the same end of the car.

The car has never been useful to me, because the road I'm interested in didn't use different size doors on the same car, but the general body work, with the wide letterboard, is suggestive of cars AC&F built just after WWI.

Dennis Storzek