Re: MythBusters: Athearn "Standard" Baggage Car

Steve SANDIFER

ATSF hwt had no chair rail on the side. ATSF prototypes normally had the unique channel sill at the base of the sides. So no, the Athearn hwt is not ATSF.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Benjamin Hom b.hom@... [STMFC]"
Date:04/20/2015 8:57 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: STMFC List
Subject: [STMFC] MythBusters: Athearn "Standard" Baggage Car

All,

The old claim that the Athearn "Standard" baggage car represents a Santa Fe prototype has cropped up on the B&O list. My Santa Fe passenger car references are somewhat lacking - would any of the Santa Fe modelers care to comment?

I'm very skeptical of the claim, and suspect that over the years modelers have applied the fact that the "Streamline" baggage represents a Santa Fe prototype (which is true) to the "Standard" baggage (which is dubious unless someone can prove otherwise).

Ben Hom