Re: Auburn coal dock.

Bill Keene <wakeene@...>

Curt,

Very good images. Lots of details. Also very light rail and no tie plates.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful images. Now I wonder just where something like this might fit on the layout.

Cheers,
— Bill

On Apr 28, 2015, at 10:49 AM, curtfortenberry@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I've uploaded my photos of the small coal dock that existed at Auburn, Alabama (on the Western Railway of Alabama).  The color shots date from about 1973 (when I started at Auburn), and the b&w about 1976.  The dock shows up on the early Sanborn maps, but was gone by the mid-80s when I returned for a visit.  I only ever caught it being used the one time.

Curt Fortenberry

auburn_coal_dock by arrphoto