Re: Auburn coal dock.

Charles Peck

Thank you Curt.  I'll be incorporating some details from your shot into a future project.
Very useful.
Regards, Chuck Peck

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:49 PM, curtfortenberry@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I've uploaded my photos of the small coal dock that existed at Auburn, Alabama (on the Western Railway of Alabama).  The color shots date from about 1973 (when I started at Auburn), and the b&w about 1976.  The dock shows up on the early Sanborn maps, but was gone by the mid-80s when I returned for a visit.  I only ever caught it being used the one time.

Curt Fortenberry

auburn_coal_dock by arrphoto

auburn_coal_dock by arrphoto
This was a coal unloading trestle at Auburn, Alabama. I took the photos in 1973-1976 timeframe. previous page pages 1 2 ALL next page Auburn trestle...
Preview by Yahoo