Re: Broadway ltd announces 6,000 gallon ACF type 27 tank car

Andy Harman

At 11:01 AM 4/30/2015 +0200, you wrote:

Only 4-packs will be sold, as were PRR H32 hoppers.
ISTR being lambasted for not taking this up with the manufacturer last time because I already knew they wouldn't listen. Plenty of folks did, and they didn't. Glad I didn't waste my time.

From what I've seen most of the H32s still out on dealer shelves have been broken up into singles.

I just don't get the 4-pack mentality. Sure, multi-packs make sense, but not when they are the only option. It's only being done for one reason - to raise the per unit price and a perception that people who only want one will buy four just because that's how it's packaged. And this will increase total sales.

Really. What else could they be thinking? We've told them what we think, they've ignored it.

Andy