Re: the last plastic kits

Andy Harman

At 09:23 PM 5/3/2015 -0400, you wrote:

My chief pet peeve with plastic hood type locomotive models is hand rails
made of plastic. They almost ALWAYS break and cannot be repaired -
Worse than that, they shrink if the mold cycle is too short or anything else in the process isn't exactly right. I've seen really long rails done well, and shorter rails from the same manufacturer shrinking and leaning. I even was sent replacements which were no better. Metal is the answer there. When the final solution comes along, I will have a lot of work cut out for me. And a celebratory delrin bonfire.

Andy