Re: Source for small tungsten weights

North Model Railroad Supplies <nmrs@...>

Hi Guys,

I recently learned of a product called Liquid Gravity by a company called Deluxe Materials out of the UK.

My son has a hobby shop and he ordered it through Horizon.

It consists of thousands of approx .030 balls of non toxic material that looks and weighs like lead.

It is NOT a liquid (despite the name).

Same idea as the pourable lead balls that A-Line/PPW provide, but much smaller spheres.

The manufacturer suggests pouring it into the cavity then securing it with glue.

They obviously recommend their own glues, but I’m sure any white glue or CA would work.

I haven’t used it yet, but it looks like exactly what I want to fill the spines of some intermodal spine cars that given the era of this group will be manufactured in about 20 years or so.

Cheers

Dave North