Re: small tungsten weights

mwbauers

Seen a couple of days ago at the local Harbor Freight store and the regional NAPA car parts chain is known to sell it in a good sized box that would be a modelers lifetime supply. $23 for a box of them. I can't find a weight but similar sources state a 10 pound box.

Mike Bauers

On May 7, 2015, at 8:27 AM, "'Eric Hansmann' eric@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

A few months ago I went searching for stick-on weight at auto parts stores and came up empty handed after visiting eight stores. These are not as common as they once were.

Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 2:23 AM
To: Steam Era Freight Cars
Subject: Re: [STMFC] small tungsten weights

Maybe it's just me, but this subject seems to be way over-thought. I suspect you could walk into any tire store and buy enough wheel weights, for a few dollars, to would last quite a while for our use. A vise with a small anvil, a ball peen hammer, and a hack saw, should solve the modification of said weights for our hobby needs. After all, this list is populated primarily by model builders, not model buyers.

Scott Haycock