Re: small tungsten weights

My problem is hiding weights in a subway car that has a complete interior.  Currently I can get my 50’ car up to 3.5 oz. with lead shot in the clerestory and in the void under the bench seats.  Of course the car is a bit top heavy.  With the density of tungsten I can get all the weight below the seats, solving the problem.  But this area is really cramped.  Those tiny tungsten rivets would have been perfect but not at list price.  I have 9 cars to weight. – Al Westerfield

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 3:23 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] small tungsten weights

Maybe it's just me, but this subject seems to be way over-thought. I suspect you could walk into any tire store and buy enough wheel weights, for a few dollars, to would last quite a while for our use. A vise with a small anvil, a ball peen hammer, and a hack saw, should solve the modification of said weights for our hobby needs. After all, this list is populated primarily by model builders, not model buyers.

Scott Haycock