Re: State of Maine blue white and red

mwbauers

May I suggest you take a clear daylight-level lighting, but not flood lighted, digital picture of your model? Then port the image into your computer and use a color sampling program on it to next match your paint from this website or it’s download……

http://www.paint4models.com

“ The Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart “

You can Google for a color sampling program, they are free. I use one that is bundled with my Not-Windows-OS, but have looked and downloaded before for the free Windows based ones.

You will find the most close colors with this method.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On May 13, 2015, at 11:15 AM, Benjamin Hom b.hom@att.net [STMFC] <STMFC@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Bud Rindfleisch asked:
"I hope this question isn't too generalized as I realize not all factory colors would be the exact same match for the prototype, does anyone have suggestions for a model paint match for the blue, white, and red on the BAR/NH "State of Maine" boxcars? I have a couple that came factory painted but the side ladders are black and should match the stripes. Even a ballpark match would be better than black!"

Hard to give you a match when you don't give us the kits/models you want to match. Otherwise, you're forcing us to play "find me another rock."

Ben Hom