Re: State of Maine blue white and red

Greg Martin

Bud,

Try to keep it simple because I am not sure you'll ever get two guys in the same space (including cyber space) to agree on color.

If I were doing a New Haven or Bangor and Aroostook  State of Maine car (say the F&C kit) I would choose TESTOR (in the ¼oz. bottles) Gloss Red, Gloss White and Dark Blue. I may be tempted to darken the blues so I would test it first. I think you will come out okay.

I use solvent based paints so YMMV. You'll find that this series of paints is even flowing and dries hard like an enamel should, so it will take a beating.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 5/13/2015 8:50:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:

I hope this question isn't too generalized as I realize not all factory colors would be the exact same match for the prototype, does anyone have suggestions for a model paint match for the blue, white, and red on the BAR/NH "State of Maine" boxcars? I have a couple that came factory painted but the side ladders are black and should match the stripes. Even a ballpark match would be better than black!
     Bud Rindfleisch