From: STMFC@... [STMFC@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:49 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] State of Maine blue white and red

Here's something to consider.......

I was looking at 'our' 4-truck, depressed center flatcars earlier at work. 'PHMX' series. Ten years or less ago they were bright TrailerTrain like yellows.

Now they are faded, very chalky looking, almost a pale yellow-flesh color.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3822/9260237180_e38b1194c4_z.jpg

http://condrenrails.com/Recent-Trains/images-93/PHMX-4411-Tulsa-OK-9-10-11-2.jpg

http://condrenrails.com/Recent-Trains/images-93/PHMX-4411-Tulsa-OK-9-10-11-1.jpg

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2160616

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3056451

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3056418

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3418520

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1155497

Are you going to go for brand new, or a car with a bit of experience in its appearance? ........ or how about one new one and one with more time on it?

Best to ya...
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi, USA

On May 14, 2015, at 1:59 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

I think I'll stick with George Bishop's colors ...

AP- 1 Stencil White
AP- 4 BAR Blue
AP-14 NH Socony Red (aka SP Daylight Red, Rock Island Red, ATSF Warbonnet Red, ...)

Tim O'

if you go for a model RR paint.........

Scalecoat 1 or 2 ...

D&H Blue, S F Blue, B&O Royal Blue, Conrail Blue, C&O Blue, .... Even, dare I say it??? .... Boston & Maine Blue

Best to ya...
Mike Bauers

Posted by: Mike Bauers <mwbauers55@...>

Yahoo Groups Links