Re: [EXTERNAL] PRR G21 (UNCLASSIFIED)

SUVCWORR@...

Based on descriptions in the ORER, the lone G21 had its ends fixed prior to December 1927 which is the earliest ORER I have and the bottom was changed from drop to tight between November 1929 and February 1930.  1929 it is desceribed as tight ends drop bottom.  February 1930 described as tight ends tight bottom

Rich Orr

As clarification to my last post, I was asking whether the drop-bottom bays and doors that were apparently in the G21 floor as-built lasted into the late 1940's. Another question comes to mind - did the G21 keep its flat drop doors on the ends of the cars, or did it get a newer drop end? Thanks again! A.T. Kott Classification: