Re: Microscale rivets ...

Andy Harman

Once the cat is out of the bag, the copycats come out of the woodwork.

I figure if the project is worth hand applying rivets, it's worth getting the good ones.  I have been using Archer successfully for several years now.  I don't see any reason to change.

Sent from my overpriced graham cracker

On May 16, 2015, at 8:12 PM, "Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Richard Brennan wrote:

Chuck - You used "MicroMark"... which are an Archer Surface Details clone.

      I would say more in the character of a cheap copy. If you look closely at the Micromark product, they are misshapen and hardly any two are the same. But of course from a distance they do make a row of little dots. If you care, Archer rivets are far more consistent and are better shaped.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history