Re: Dreadnaught ends - shape of ends of ribs

hayden_tom@...

Eric, I notice that about a dozen cars on this list have Dreadnaught both L and R designations. How is that? Your description says L indicated the "ribs project outward from the plane of the end" , and R indicated the "ribs project inward (Reverse) from the plane of the end. Does this indicate that some ribs are in and some out or that the pressing of the ribs crosses both into and out of the plane of the ends? (I.e. the high points are outside the plane and the low points are inside the plane) . And I assume the "plane of the end" is defined as the surface described by the edge or corners of the ends.

Tom