Re: completing a Richard Hendrickson freight car

rwitt_2000

To the Group:

I really made a muddle of my comments about these box car ends. Offline someone kindly pointed out my error.

Maybe I need new glasses, but after looking at the photo with the end view of the WLE box car again, I see it is some type of 4/4 end with some very unusual corrugation patterns on the end. The manufacturer of these ends I now admit is unknown to me. The Pullman-Standard ends I discussed were 4/5 for 40-ft cars and 5/5 for the 50-ft cars with similar, but smaller corrugations.

Bob Witt