WLE 84110 or maybe 24110. was RE: Re: completing a Richard Hendrickson freight car

Schuyler Larrabee

Thank you, Bob, I kind of wondered . . .

So, going back to my original question . . .

"But as is all too often the case, I'm distracted by the box car in the
prototype photo, because of the end design. It doesn't look very much like
a "standard" dreadnaught (knowing there's not really any such thing) but
more like a Hutchins end. Do you or does any of the esteemed readers of
this list know anything about that car?"

The picture is the prototype shot in Tony's original post about completing
one of Richard's in-process models. You can find it here:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2015/05/completing-richard-hendrickson-fre
ight.html

The car number is very fuzzy in the photo, and my subject line is a guess -
depends on how you squint at a blown-up image of the end number.

Schuyler

To the Group:

I really made a muddle of my comments about these box car ends. Offline
someone kindly pointed out my error.

Maybe I need new glasses, but after looking at the photo with the end view
of the WLE box car again, I see it is some type of 4/4 end with some very
unusual corrugation patterns on the end. The manufacturer of these ends I
now admit is unknown to me. The Pullman-Standard ends I discussed were 4/5
for 40-ft cars and 5/5 for the 50-ft cars with similar, but smaller
corrugations.

Bob Witt