Re: WLE 84110 or maybe 24110. was RE: Re: completing a Richard Hendrickson freight car

Eric Hansmann

I've been following along on this thread and I see the other box car. The
double sheathed box car behind the gondola sparks my interest. Here's the
direct link to the photo on Tony's blog.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UYAigSC9wr0/VVqLgdMMywI/AAAAAAAAJCc/OvK58iICvu4/s1
600/WLE%2B45153.jpg

Note the interesting end, often labeled as an Indestructible End, and the
door that opens to the left. What is difficult to determine is the car
length. Most of you may think this is a B&O M-15 class car based upon the
sheathing and the end, but the Erie had a number of 36-foot cars with
similar hardware. As the Wheeling gondola still sports NEW 2-45 on the data,
the image does not post-date the K brake ban.

Does anyone have a thought or two on the wood sheathed box car in the
background? I really wish the photographer was another foot taller here.

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX