Re: Bulk shipment of corn

A&Y Dave in MD

Corn was often stripped from ears for feed or for industrial processes. Corn on the cob would be shipping a lot of waste product if the primary interest was the kernel.  Then it would be shipped like other grains.

Sent from Dave Bott' iPhone

On May 26, 2015, at 11:53 AM, thisisr@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hello Group:

     My name is Richard Stallworth and I am an old member who just returned to model railroading.  Parenthood

distracted me for a long time.  Anyway I've been following the conversation about bulk commodities in the form of malt and cement.  I know wheat was shipped in boxcars, but what about corn?  Were ears of corn complete

with husk shipped in bulk in boxcars?  Thank-you.

Richard Stallworth