Re: C&EI decals Mather decals

Ray Breyer

I'd like to decal my HO P2k Mather boxcar as a C&EI car. Are there any decals
available for this car or some that are close?
Charlie Duckworth

What year are you looking at? The C&EI got their 40' Mather boxcars at some point between 1926 and 1930, and they lasted to about 1954. In the 1920s, the C&EI didn't use the large initials on their cars; otherwise, you'll need the "thin" ones, made by Ted Culotta, Westerfield, or Champ.

These cars disappeared from the C&EI's roster shortly after 1951, so it's likely that you'll need to backdate them to K brakes and stemwinders, and may also need to add two trussrods (earlier 40' Mather cars had 'em).

Regards,

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL