Re: Tru Color Paint Stripper?

mwbauers

You state two problems.

I addressed your first.

" and I ended up with flat grainy sides from "

I've been airbrush painting since the late '60's. Your finish problem is not pressure related. That will show up as a very different effect.

Mike Bauers

On May 28, 2015, at 2:05 PM, "'Nelson Moyer' ku0a@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Mike, that wasn’t the question. I already know the issues re grainy paint i.e. too much air pressure and/or too far away. What I want to know is, what do I strip Tru Color paint. You didn’t address that questions, so why the post?

Nelson Moyer

Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:29 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Tru Color Paint Stripper?

The old rule is that if the paint job is grainy, as if drying before it hits the model…… you are spraying from too far away.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

> On May 28, 2015, at 12:01 PM, 'Nelson Moyer' wrote:
>
>
> I painted two reefer sides with Tru Color WFE Yellow last night using a new Iwata gravity feed airbrush. Apparently, the gravity feed takes much less air pressure than my Paasche siphon feed airbrush, and I ended up with flat grainy sides from too much air pressure. The Tru Color web page doesn’t address suitable strippers for their paints, so I’d like to know what to use to strip the Sunshine resin sides without damaging them.
>
>
>
> Nelson Moyer

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.