Re: dental wax

Charles Peck

There is a material called dental impression putty. Two part stuff like an epoxy.
Available from many sources including Amazon.  I have no experience at using it.
Chuck Peck

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Mark P Stamm mark@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Micro Mark carries a rubber mold making material that is reusable.  You heat the rubber material in the microwave pour your mold, cast and than you can create a new mold by reheating the mold material in the microwave. I have not tried it but it seems like an interesting solution to creating molds. 

Mark P Stamm
Mark at Euphoriatt dot Com

Sent from my mobile device

On May 29, 2015, at 2:50 PM, edb8391@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:


Ed and all,

When I had impressions taken for making a 5 unit bridge for my lower right jaw in 2005, the dentist used a hard setting epoxy-like resin.  It was sort of purple in color, very soft and mushy when put on. Remarkably hard when set.  I don't know if dental wax is made or used anymore.

Ed Bommer

Join to automatically receive all group messages.