From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 4:19 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Tru Color Paint Stripper?

FWIW, I use Home Depot Mineral Spirits for my thinner. I have good success with both Floquil and Tru Color. Evidently not together in small amounts. Nelson, thanks for telling me that Tru color is Acetone based. I will by a can of that and see if it works better than mineral spirits. As I do a lot of airbrushing, my wallet finds that this is the best way to go.

Allen

On Friday, May 29, 2015 1:11 PM, "Denny Anspach danspachmd@gmail.com [STMFC]" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

This has been an interesting thread. I too believe that the results that Nelson reports are from too high pressure. The pressure that I find best with TruColor is about 15-20 psi.

Increasingly, Tru-Color is my go-to paint, very forgiving and producing a lovely smooth finish. I too use an Iwata Eclipse, but I use removable 0.5 oz. bottles with a Paasche double-action coupling rather than a gravity feed ( I am not certain why feed type would make any difference, however). I thin Tru-Color paint 50/50 with their own brand thinner. Other thinners might work, but IMHO the risk/cost ratio is not worth investigating.

I am not above stripping flawed paint finishes, but I believe that I would first try the other simpler methods already advised.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD

Okoboji, IA