Re: Tru Color Paint Stripper?

Andy Harman

I use generic paint thinner for cleanup
and soak the business end of the airbrush in it between sessions.  But I always use the branded thinner for airbrushing regardless.

Sent from my overpriced graham cracker

On May 29, 2015, at 4:11 PM, "Denny Anspach danspachmd@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

This has been an interesting thread. I too believe that the results that Nelson reports are from too high pressure.  The pressure that I find best with TruColor is about 15-20 psi.

Increasingly, Tru-Color is my go-to paint, very forgiving and producing a lovely smooth finish.  I too use an Iwata Eclipse, but I use removable 0.5 oz. bottles with a Paasche double-action coupling rather than a gravity feed ( I am not certain why feed type would make any difference, however). I thin Tru-Color paint 50/50 with their own brand thinner.  Other thinners might work, but IMHO the risk/cost ratio is not worth investigating.

I am not above stripping flawed paint finishes, but I believe that I would first try the other simpler methods already advised.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA