Re: Airbrushing Acrylics - preshading

John F. Cizmar

The June issue of Model Railroader has an article, "A new look for a 'blue-box' car", that portrays this technique well.
John Cizmar

From: "Andy Sperandeo asperandeo@... [STMFC]"
To: "STMFC@..." <STMFC@...>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Airbrushing Acrylics - preshading

Tom Madden had a good suggestion, "Would it help to spray the model with body color first, then do the shading, then a final, lighter coat of body color?"

I've tried "preshading" techniques too, but I've found that many reds don't cover well enough without multiple coats, and there goes your preshading effect. When you get it right, you can use browns as well as black to give the steel components a rusty look.

So long,

Andy