Request for Assistance - Historical Rail Ops in the Jersey City Area

palmettoltd82

STMFC Members:

Apologies to the list and head jailer for the intrusion.  I have a work project located near the Jersey City waterfront (what is now the Liberty State Park area). Historical aerials and maps show several rail yards bordering my site - hoppers are prevalent in the earlier photos (mandatory freight car content).  I am hoping there is someone on the list that is familiar with past rail operations and facilities in this area and who would be willing to answer a few basic questions. If so please contact me off list.  Thanks!

Buddy Hill

Ravenel, SC