From: Ray Breyer rtbsvrr69@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Mon, Jun 8, 2015 10:17 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Hoppers from early 20th century

And where exactly would that be, "just west of Scranton"?

Occam's Razor applies here: they're guard rails on a sharp S-curve on an incline. And actually, review the other 18,000 images in this collection: this isn't unique on the DL&W.

I'm a bit surprised more people aren't mind-boggled by the lack of fish plates on a high speed mainline.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL