Re: Navy Box Car

Brad Smith

Here is an accurate 40' USN boxcar on eBay, except that it needs to have the underframe painted orange.  I think the majority of the bomb cars were the 50' door-and-a-half cars, painted the same.  Some had the supply base home painted on the car side.

Brad Smith

In a message dated 6/11/2015 6:07:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:
On 6/11/15 4:02 PM, VgnRy43@... [STMFC] wrote:
> Thank you for the tips and leads which I will follow.
>
> Aubrey

Don't know where you are located, so this may not work for
you. Several 50 foot all steel door and a half USN box cars
are parked around the perimeter of a parking lot along US 50
in Fallon, NV. I have photos buried somewhere in this computer
and couldn't find them just now.

--
Rod Miller
Handcraftsman