D&RGW drop bottom gons - Red Caboose

Ted Waterhouse

Got a message re. the D&RGW "Flying Rio Grande" scheme on drop-bottom gons and accidentally deleted it before I could answer. I Wanted to say thanks for the detailed info. Actually, it was the Red Caboose model in that paint scheme I was wondering about. I'm hoping to complete the DA kits as SP cars (if only I can find decals) as I'm aiming to model SP's Jawbone branch in 1953. I've seen photos including D&RGW drop-bottoms on that line however and Andy Carlson had offered a couple of the Red Caboose RTR cars in that scheme. Do you know anything about the accuracy of these models vis-a-vis D&RGW classes? Thanks, Ted Waterhouse