ACY 175-194 40' flats

Richard Townsend

I'd like to model an ACY 40' flat (I have a particular load in mind that would go well on a car from the AC&Y's territory). I notice from my 1/1959 ORER that the 175-194 flats are within an inch of the major dimensions of the NYC 496000-496299 40' flats, which I understand are the prototypes for the Red Caboose 40' flat. Can anyone tell me whether the ACY flats were similar to the Red Caboose flats? Or were they similar to the Tichy 40' flat, or to neither? And as long as we're at it, how were they painted, what kind of trucks, etc.? Thanks for any help.

Rich Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon