Re: Sheet lead sources

Schuyler Larrabee

Andy, before you contribute that much to greenhouse gas emissions, why not call a few hardware and building supply stores other than Home Depot, like a few Tru-Value stores. Try National Lumber, there is one here in Newton but they have other outlets, too.

Home Depot is not really interested in the individual consumer anymore; their only advantage in my book is that they are open late.

Let your fingers do the walking . . .

Schuyler

From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:39 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Sheet lead sources

I used to get my lead at Home Depot. They would cut off as much as I requested from the roll and charge me by the pound.

No more! I checked three local Home Depots and they all have a new policy. You must buy the whole roll ($120 +/-) and you must show a valid, state-issued roofers license. Now this is Massachusetts – slightly to the left of California. I may try heading north where folks live free or die and see if they are willing to sell to model railroaders.

Regards,

Andy Miller

From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:03 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Sheet lead sources

McMaster-Carr the "perfect and easy source"???? Ted, do you not have a Lowe's or Home Depot

or building supply store near you? Why pay a high price and shipping as well if you don't have to?

Cordially, Don Valentine

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.