Re: Boxcar Images

Dave Parker

Eric:  

I was also curious about the origin (and date) of the photos in this blog, but have not found much.  FWIW, the last image of the derailed B&M car #65146 is clear enough to reveal a reweigh date of 11-22, consistent with the lettering style of the car.  Great photo!

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:13 AM, "'Eric Hansmann' eric@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I downloaded the image of the box cars under the elevated and zoomed in on the lettering. The quality isn't good enough to catch a reweigh date but the trucks under the first X29 car seem to be the same as the arch bar trucks under the XL car. Outside of a builder photo, I have seen few in-service images of X29 cars with arch bar trucks. This X29 seems to be numbered 570844, which would be one of 2000 cars built in 1924 from AC&F lot 2765 (as per RPCyc 24). Here's a direct link.

I searched for a better quality image at the Boston Public Library and the Library of Congress digital archives but had no luck. Does anyone know where this image originated?

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 11:51 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Boxcar Images

Bob says:

On Jun 15, 2015, at 12:39 PM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Neat photo!  Fox trucks on the B&M car, a PRR XL boxcar, followed by a PRR X29, with another early X29 2 cars farther back

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith            
Auburn, AL
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield."

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.