Re: This image and the next three

Charles Peck

I find the group of three insulated box cars interesting.  All in rough shape as in "not suitable for interchange"
but then likely only in local use anyway.  No poling pockets although I understand poling was common
in that era.  The center car of the three has a truss rod loose and perhaps the queenpost missing.  Certainly
sagging for lack of attention.  I suppose wooden cars of the era did require a lot more attention from the
car shops than the later steel cars.
The canvas(?) above and below the doors are interesting features. Extra padding to better seal the doors
against sags and twists?
Certainly an era that would be very interesting to model if I knew more about it all.
Chuck Peck (so very grateful for modern air conditioning in Florida)

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 11:02 PM, 'Schuyler Larrabee' schuyler.larrabee@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Are documentation images of an accident in Plymouth PA, 1892.  Several DL&W box cars and context.

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-06-20-15/C1173.jpg

Schuyler