Re: Sunshine kit/decal question

Scott Pitzer

Martin has some pretty specific chalk mark sets. I assume "Washington DC
1948" is based on the Charles Wales photos. But if one of the cars recorded
there was a MoPac 1932 AAR-design car, the chalk marks could have gone to a
"Southwestern" set, or the "1932 AAR box cars" set. And a particular mark on
that car might have been applied on the GN!
Maybe there's a Byron Rose of chalk marks-- "That mark couldn't POSSIBLY
appear on an ACL gon hauling scrap metal through North Carolina in the Summer
of 1952..."
Scott Pitzer

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Whether chalkmarks can be certifiably
attributed to a specific
railroad, I'll leave that question to the
experts.