Anhydrous Ammonia Fertilizer (was Re: Hercules Powder)

genegreen1942@...

Dave Sieber asked, "Might there have been a receiver of anhydrous ammonia fertilizer in or near the Marshalltown area during your modeling era?"

The correct answer is, "I don't know."

Some research is required on my part.  I model September 1950.  I don't recall Iowa farmers, where I grew up in the 1940s and 1950s, using any fertilizer except that which came from the south end of a northbound cow.  Someone somewhere had to be first, though.  Without much thought I had rejected the idea of liquid fertilizer and a related industry as being too modern.  I shall investigate more thoroughly.

Gene Green