Re: universal gasoline

mwbauers

I think we are confusing the adjustment of engines for altitude with brand adjusting.

I know you have to adjust high altitude engines to run differently than one at sea-level.

I’m not sure about brand adjusting, but altitude adjustment is almost universally required for a car that is not computer-adjusted.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Jul 11, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Jon Miller atsfus@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

On 7/11/2015 12:05 PM, ed_mines@... [STMFC] wrote:

Local gasolines might work well for local customers (engines were adjusted to run on them)

    All current gas is blended different, CA alone has somewhere around 16 different blends.  How does this compare to say 1940?  Just one blend plus some additives in that time period.  Did we determine if they were at the tank car level or at the delivery truck level or was most all the advertizing just BS?