Re: Milw gon photo

Schuyler Larrabee

I agree, Jack, not the same car, at least, not at the same time.  I’ve never seen a stiffener (for lack of a better term) on the inside of a gon end.

Schuyler

This pair of photos currently in Ted Culotta's ebay sale are not, I think, the same car.

TWO Milwaukee Road MILW 84794 41' GS gondola 8x10 photos

image

TWO Milwaukee Road MILW 84794 41' GS gondola 8x1...

US $7.50 Used in Collectibles, Transportation, Railroadiana & Trains

Preview by Yahoo

The exterior view of 84794 shows an apparently freshly shopped composite GS gon. The interior view is of a gon with a tight wood bottom having its wood siding replaced with steel.

A neat picture of the work in progress.

Jack Mullen