Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: RE: General tank car discussion pt 6 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dave Boss

 Hello
           This tank car discussion is a great information gathering tool for me. My modeling is based on the oil industry for the most part. In particular western Pa. I'm glad to see all the interest here. This brings me to some questions here. We obviously need more variety in tank car models especially in the 40's 50's, and of course they would fall into the newer decades. Hey model makers? Then there is the decal makers. There are lots of photos on line now. I for one can't get any decals for tank cars that would have operated in my area. From 50's, and on back in western Pa. there were so many small refineries here under a lot of different names. You could find there names on leased cars as well as some they mite has owned. We could stand even for more leasing co. paint schemes as well. I'm trying to build a fleet of accurate cars for this area. It is very difficult. Very little cars, and almost no decals. It's very clear that there's a market for more proto type tank car models and decals in this era, especially in the oil industry part. Dave