Re: Kadee ACF 11,000 Gallon Insulated Tank Car

Dave Boss

Hello
              I had to read several E-mails for it to register that Kadee did a tank car!  Why a ACF 11,000? Atlas already has one out.  We just had  a discussion on tank cars, with  wonderful input from Elden Gatewood. We all agree we need various designs that have not been made as of yet. It's great to see Kadee produce a new car, but why one that is already available? This reminds me of the famous PS-1! Eeverybody is offering one!  Dave

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:11 PM, "Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Exactly, either GATC, or an X-3, or even a PTC or SSC tank car.
Anything but yet another ACF tank car!

Maybe Intermountain could be convinced to do one... After Kadee came
out with an uncommon 2-bay offset hopper, Intermountain gave us the much
needed AMC 2-bay offset. Do over?

Tim o'

   GATC… please
   Bruce Smith

 It seems like we still need models of smaller capacity tank cars e.g. 6,000-gal
 to 8,000-gal. at this quality of tooling.
 Bob Witt