From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:18
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] NYC 1916 gons

the Pullman Library is NOT a reference library, they have neither the space nor staff to ride herd on walk-in visitors. They tell you this up front. Their collection, their rules.

Actually Bombardier's collection,  Bombardier's rules. The bulk of the collection is on loan from Bombardier. Since Bombardier has restrictions on who the library can provide copies to (they are very paranoid about supplying any drawings that may be used in a legal proceeding) remember, the collection has the original drawings for cars that are still in service, so liability issues are real. Bombardier forbids reproducing the drawings on the internet in any fashion where they may escape without the recipient signing a licensing agreement, therefore IRM is not able to offer previews such as the N&WHS site does.

That's just the way it is.

Dennis Storzek