Re: fleet composition (was Kadee ACF 11,000 Gallon Insulated Tank Car)

Armand Premo

    Let us also not forget that the D&H,NYC,TH&B,GTW,SOO,DW&P among others having direct Canadian connections,  bringing traffic to the states.FWIW.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: fleet composition (was Kadee ACF 11,000 Gallon Insulated Tank Car)

Don:

I am not sure I am completely following you concerning interchange traffic of Canadian cars, at least on the B&M.  These are the most meager crumbs of data, but Earl Tuson has posted two wheel reports on his site.  FWIW, with respect to box cars:

1.  1927 freight from Mystic Jct to White River Junction, with picks/drops in Nashua and Concord:  66 cars, 18 home (B&M/MTC), 9 CP, 4 CN, and 2 GT.  Interestingly, only 1 NYC, and zero PRR.

2.  1936 freight (ML-2) from Mechanicville to Lawrence, with picks/drops in E Deerfield, E Fitchburg, and Lowell:  100 cars, 31 home, 5 CN, and 4 CP.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, there are more NYC and PRR cars here (7 each).

IIRC, Earl has a much larger log from 1929-30, but I don't know if it has been transcribed yet.  These are the only conductor's books for the B&M of which I am aware, so we don't have much to go on.  But it's better than photographic evidence, for which I have never seen anything of substance, at least pre-WWII.  If you know of any other logbooks, I would be glad to learn of them.

With best regards,

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

No virus found in this message.