Re: SOO 136000

mopacfirst

Oh boy.

I was going to ask about the doors, only to see whether Soo was commonly lowering the tackboards after 1954.

I answered that question by hitting a relatively small number of Soo XM photos online, and the answer seems to be, it depends.  Looks like some cars even had the end tackboards lowered while the door ones stayed right where they were.

So are the doors anything but the standard Youngstown of the era?

And I gather that the answer on the roof is that the resin part is indeed the right one.  I have used several of his roofs, just don't have that one.

BTW I decided I needed to buy the book, if I was going to ask so many questions.

Not STMFC note -- my grandmother and two sisters left Cadott, Wisconsin on their one-way journey to Colorado in 1910 on the Soo.